I studied at University College London and received a degree in speech
sciences and licence to practice speech and language therapy in 1999.
Further study has allowed me to enhance my skills;
- I am a registered Hanen Therapist qualified to deliver the Hanen It Takes Two to Talk Program
- I am qualified to deliver the Lidcombe Program of Early Stuttering Intervention
- I am an experienced Makaton user
- I am trained in PECS (Picture Exchange Communication System)
Since qualifying, I have worked in a broad range of settings and with a wide age range of children and young people, spanning 2-22 years with different speech, language and communication needs. The needs of the children and young people have included;
- phonological delay and disorder
- language delay and disorder
- dysfluency (stammering)
- social communication difficulties / autism (such as Aspergers)
- learning disabilities
I have worked across NHS health clinics, as well as mainstream and specialist early years settings, schools and colleges.
As a parent myself, I recognise the crucial role of parents in helping speech, language and communication development in their own children and the value of supporting their child, in order for them to manage and overcome their difficulties and achieve their life potential.
My aim is to deliver high quality assessment and therapy tailored to your child’s needs to help them develop their communication skills. Making sessions as much fun as possible.
I am a registered member of the Health Professions Council (HPC), the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists (RCSLT), which is the professional body for Speech and Language Therapists in the UK, and the Association of Speech and Language Therapist in Independent Practice (ASLTIP).